New to Yoga? Here’s what you need to know…
Which class should I take?
Find out the right class for you by taking our “Which Yoga Is Right For Me” Quiz!
Tri-athlete or marathon runner? You would likely enjoy the challenging aspects of Vinyasa Yoga, which helps you build strength and flexibility.
Other students prefer to start with individual instruction – you will have ample time to ask questions, learn modifications (if needed) and feel the benefits of a practice designed for you.
What to bring to your first yoga class:
- Yoga mat
- Soft, comfortable clothing that allows you to move (Slightly fitted is better than loose)
- Water bottle
We provide yoga blocks and eye pillows, though you can certainly bring your own. We also have mats, straps, apparel, and other items available for purchase in our boutique.
When you arrive…
- Plan to arrive a few minutes early so you can begin to focus and clear your mind
- Leave shoes at the door and select a bin for your personal belongings
- Take a moment to sign in at the desk
- Please silence electronic devices
- Introduce yourself to the instructor and feel free to share your personal goals, prior experience, or physical limitations if applicable
- You will receive individualized attention from your instructor, including manual adjustments (You can decline if you prefer)
- Be safe! Instructors offer various levels of difficulty for each pose, and you can always substitute rest for any pose
- Have fun! We love our casual, friendly environment and encourage students to get to know others they are practicing with
- Treat yourself to a cup of coffee, tea, or water in our comfortable reception area
- Browse through our beautiful retail space
- Please take a minute to tell us about your experience or make a suggestion. We are always looking for ways to improve our programs for our guests. Thank you!
- Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We can’t wait to meet you!